Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2009

It's Like NPR for Insect Geeks

I don't consider the word 'geek' to be a pejorative. In fact, I consider it a compliment when someone calls me a 'geek'. Even better is to be called a 'bug geek'. Thus, you can imagine my delight when I found out that Anna Fiedler (a Ph.D. candidate in Entomology at Michigan State University) partnered with Jake McCarthy (an editor in the Department of Animal Science at MSU) to write and produce InsectaPodCast.

In a recent American Entomologist article, Anna wrote that the target audience for the podcast is primarily kids and young adults. One of the goals of InsectaPodCast is to get kids excited about the field of entomology. I'm MUCH older than the target audience (by about 30 years), yet I found myself LOVING the segments. The episode about insect collections is thus far my favorite, perhaps because of my own mixed feelings about collecting insects that I love (i.e. killing insects that I love), for scientific study.

Check it out, and perhaps subscribe to the RSS feed, if you like what you hear.

1 comment:

  1. It is imperative that we read blog post very carefully. I am already done it and find that this post is really amazingjogos friv gratis 2019
    Jogos 2019
    jogos friv

    ReplyDelete

Comments or questions about this post?